- Algae Control
- Arowana Products
- Bacterial Products
- Betta Products
- Black Water Products
- Cichlid Products
- Discus Products
- Fish Foods
- Fish Health
- Flowerhorn & Parrot Fish Products
- Freshwater Conditioners
- Goldfish Products
- In-Store Products (Professional Use Only)
- Maintenance Products
- Planted Aquarium Products
- Reef & Marine
- Salt & Freshwater Conditioners
- Saltwater Conditioners
- Test Strips
- Turtle, Reptile & Amphibian Products
- Water Cycling & Conditioning Kits
MICROBE-LIFT / 8.2 pH Buffer / Stabilizer
MICROBE-LIFT/8.2 pH Buffer/Stabilizer and KH Alkalinity Supplement Sets Saltwater at a pH of 8.2
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Carbonate
- Sodium Borate
- Potassium Carbonate
- Potassium Teraborate
- Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide.
- 8.8 oz. (250 g.) (PH8.2SM) Treats up to 1,250 gal. (4,725 L.)
- 17.6 oz. (500 g.) (PH8.2MD) Treats up to 2,500 gal. (9,450 L.)
- 64 oz. (4 lb.) (PH8.2LG) Treats up to 9,080 gal. (34,322 L.)
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Follow directions carefully
- Avoid inhaling powder-dust
This product is intended for use with all ornamental and aquarium fish but may not be used with fish intended for human consumption.
- Test your pH to determine need for adjustment because fish waste products continually tend to acidify tank water. If pH-adjustment upward is indicated then...
- Use the inpacked teaspoon-scoop and add 1 teaspoon (5 grams) per 25 gallons (95 L.).
- Pre-dissolve the measured pH buffer to use for your gallonage in 1-2 cups (250-500 mL) of freshwater (either bottled or dechlorinated tap water).
- This solution may be hazy.
- Add it to your tank water by flowing it over the surface area.
- Any resulting cloudiness should disappear quickly.
- This blend of buffering salts is purposely gentle, so that raising the pH to a target within 8.0-8.3 should be accomplished in 1 or more consecutive applications, 48 hours apart, without overshooting safe limits.
- The number of applications depends on the starting pH, the gap to reach your target, and existing alkalinity (the equilibrium between bicarbonate, carbonate and hydroxide ions).
- Since it an take 48 hours +/- for buffering adjustments to stabilize, retest pH after 8 hours, before making another application.