- Algae Control
- Arowana Products
- Bacterial Products
- Betta Products
- Black Water Products
- Cichlid Products
- Discus Products
- Fish Foods
- Fish Health
- Flowerhorn & Parrot Fish Products
- Freshwater Conditioners
- Goldfish Products
- In-Store Products (Professional Use Only)
- Maintenance Products
- Planted Aquarium Products
- Reef & Marine
- Salt & Freshwater Conditioners
- Saltwater Conditioners
- Test Strips
- Turtle, Reptile & Amphibian Products
- Water Cycling & Conditioning Kits
MICROBE-LIFT / Sea Salt / Marine Salt
Nitrate & Phosphate Free
- Manufactured with pharmaceutical grade salts
- Helps to establish a stable pH
- Formulated to perfectly mix small and large quantities of water
- Contains all major, minor, and trace elements required to maintain marine fish
Cycling your Reef System
MICROBE-LIFT/Special Blend and MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II™ is the only NATURAL treatment program to cycle and balance your aquarium quickly and safely. This combination of natural products will control toxic ammonia, nitrite and nitrate while enhancing your water quality.
MICROBE-LIFT/Special Blend is the ONLY bacterial consortium that will do nitrification and de-nitrification.
- We do not use sea salts made by solar evaporation! While the remaining salt is natural, all of the pollutants remain along with the salt. Some salts (calcium & magnesium) tend to separate in the mix during international transportation as well as local shipping.
- Mesh Size- Ecological Laboratories INC. takes extra steps to grind all the salts to the same mesh size to prevent stratification, so separation is kept to a minimum. Colored specs in this dry mix contains all essential major, minor and trace elements. Please note that dry forms of trace elements are NOT always white. When we formulate our salt mix, some of these trace elements will be visible to the naked eye. They are essential for a successful closed reef system. Bromide- We do NOT add bromide to our salt mix. Bromate is an extremely powerful oxidizer. When used improperly it can rapidly kill fish and corals. Ozone is not commonly used in the USA, however it is very popular in Europe. Aquarium ozonizers are relatively cheap and imprecise. Unless you have a professional quality ozonator to ensure the ozone is precisely dispensed, it will cause additional problems. Excess ozone, oxidizes the bromide to hypobromite and then to bromate ion!
- Reef Salt 1.025 specific gravity/32.35 ppt salinity Reef Salts should not dissolve quickly! One of the best ways to know if a salt is designed for reef invertebrates such as corals, clams, sponges and many other animals is to see how rapidly the salt dissolves into crystal clear water. If the water clears immediately that indicates that there are very few trace elements and likely low magnesium levels. Our Reef Salt is pretty clear five minutes after mixing, very clear after an hour and crystal clear within 12 hours.
- Sea Salt 1.022 specific gravity/29.8 ppt salinity Basic Sea Salts do clear rapidly. Without the enhanced levels of the various trace elements, the salt reaches an ionic balance rapidly in the water and usually is very clear in five to ten minutes. These basic Sea Salts are designed with marine fish in mind, but are safe to use with invertebrates. However, they do lack the higher levels of trace elements required for long term care of invertebrates in a captive saltwater system. We do not recommend using Marine/Sea Salt for Reef Tanks. It would not be in the best interest of your reef livestock.