MICROBE-LIFT/KH Test Kit for Carbonate Alkalinity level in pond or aquarium:
Importance for natural biological ammonia removal process, referred to as Nitrification:
- Requires the presence of KH (carbonate alkalinity) at all times
- Utilizes 7.1 mg of KH for every 1 mg of ammonia removed
- Continuously depletes KH so KH must be monitored and restored as needed with MICROBE-LIFT/KH Bio-Active Booster (ML/KH).
- Works in Fresh & Salt Water
- Maintain 100 ppm KH at all times to assure nitrification.
Should KH carbonate levels fall below the necessary level, nitrification will stop and fail to start again. With the loss of KH (carbonate alkalinity) pH levels will vary and be difficult to control, as KH stabilizes pH. Test your Tap Water, Tank Water, and new water when doing water change.
- Test Tube
- Test Solution
- Conversion Chart